Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured John Simonian, the founder of Westime. Simonian is an authority on Swiss watches after 37 years in the industry and currently owns three locations in Southern California: Westime Los Angeles, Westime Beverly Hills and Westime La Jolla. He is also president and CEO of Richard Mille, Americas, and he also represents such brands as Greubel Forsey, Urwerk, Roland Iten and Buben & Zorweg throughout the region. Here is a look at the items on John’s desk:
1. Ikepod Hourglass. It takes 10 minutes for the gold-plated nanoballs to pass from one chamber to the other. When my guest starts his pitch, I start the clock.
2. Richard Mille RM 020 Tourbillon PocketWatch in titanium. When I’m not wearing it with jeans, it sits on a stand to become the perfect desk clock.
3. “Ashes of Problem Customers” urn. Just saying.
4. BlackBerry Bold, for business.
5. Samsung Galaxy, for pleasure.
6. “Fingers,” a kinetic art object designed by Laikingland, which I bought at Max Busser’s M.A.D. Gallery in Geneva. It drums its fingers so I don’t have to.
7. “Applause Machine,” another kinetic art object by Laikingland from the M.A.D. Gallery. Some moments call for a round of applause!
8. Bullshit detector. See below.
9. Tiny plunger. See above.
10. “Because I said so” plaque. It’s good to be the boss.
11. A Buckycube, which is made of 125 rare earth magnets. Addictive.
Like Haute Living Los Angeles? Join our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @HauteLivingLA. Want Haute Living Los Angeles delivered to your inbox once a week? Sign up for our newsletter.