Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured Martin Katz, an American jewelry designer whose haute pieces have been coveted by celebrities for nearly two decades. Both his modern and vintage-inspired creations have been worn by A-listers like Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, Felicity Huffman, Nicole Kidman and J.Lo. Additionally, his work has been featured in fashion spreads and celebrity photo shoots for magazines such as Vogue, W, and InStyle. Here is a look at the items on Martin’s desk:
- A new, rare 32.70ct Paraiba Tourmaline Cabochon stone & Paraiba Tourmaline Cabochon necklace design layout.
- Sapphire, Paraiba and Diamond melee parcels.
- A Pair of Half Moon Diamonds.
- A 12ct Paraiba Tourmaline Sombrero Ring from my current collection.
- Jewelers Loupe, millimeter gauge and stone tweezers.
- Sketch pad and design book for inspiration.
- New 14ct Tanzanite ring that just came out of production. Comparing it to its original design sketch and inspecting execution of the metal work and intricate microsetting.
- Framed photo with Victoria’s Secret model, Adriana Lima, from the premiere of the $5 million diamond bra I designed in 2008.
- My most recent Haute Living Haute Ambassador article.