Who needs a tired old pub crawl when gourmet food can be involved?
Bon Appétit and Belvedere Vodka are partnering to host LA’s Grub Crawl next weekend, an interactive food tour that allows Angelenos to experience the best restaurants in the city in a unique and non-traditional way.
Haute eaters have the chance to go behind the scenes, meet the chefs of famous LA eateries like Susan Feniger’s Street, Lukshon and Umamicatessen, and see where the magic happens.
The weekend of feasting fun culminates with a performance by Vacationer at the Roxy.
Check out the full schedule below and buy tickets HERE.
Friday, July 13:
· Cole’s: Visit this historic bar known for the best French Dip in town while you sip signature bathtub gin, served straight from an ice sculpture bathtub. *Chase Sapphire card members will take being “in the know” to a whole new level by escaping to the restaurant’s secret backroom venue for an exclusive tour and custom cocktails.
· Umamicatessen: Grab a seat at the communal tables to enjoy an assortment of specialties from different chefs and purveyors—all under one roof, including Umami sliders, chef Chris Cosentino’s savory snacks from Pigg, sandwiches from Cure, and more! Round it out with tres leches doughnut holes, Spring Coffee, and cocktails, including the Velvet Mule and the Bourbon Pig!
· Las Perlas: Enjoy unique variations of the Margarita with signature tequila cocktails featuring fresh fruits and herbs while you snack on fresh tamales.
· Seven Grand: Top mixologists lead a demo of the classic cocktail, an Old Fashioned. Guests will sip this favorite as they listen to live music and relax on the private balcony.
Saturday, July 14:
· Mozza: Enjoy the famed Mozza pizzas from Nancy Silverton and wines from Joe Bastianich, Mario Batali’s partner. Guests can belly up to the exhibition kitchen with the wood-burning oven where the pizzas are made to learn about the pie-making process. *Chase Sapphire card members will participate in a private pasta-rolling class with chef Chad Colby, who’ll teach them how to make Mozza’s most famous pastas. When the class concludes, they’ll each receive a copy of Nancy Silverton’s The Mozza Cookbook.
· Pour Vous: The recessed banquets in the center of this Parisian cocktail lounge conceived by the Houston Brothers and enjoy Champagne, oysters, and specialty Belvedere cocktails prepared for this occasion.
· Street: Renowned chef, restaurateur, television star, and cookbook author Susan Feniger invites us into the courtyard of her restaurant for a preview tasting of recipes and global cocktails from her newest, not-yet-released book. *Chase Sapphire card members will step away from other Grub Crawlers for a cooking demonstration of Feniger’s global street food–inspired fare and walk away with a signed copy of her new cookbook.
· The Spare Room: Visit this modern-day gaming parlor and cocktail lounge on the mezzanine of the Roosevelt Hotel for cocktailing, gaming, bowling, and more.
· Night + Market: Experience Northern Thai BBQ with chef Kris Yenbamroong in Night + Market’s herb garden and back porch while you sip on Mekong Old Fashioneds and Chang Beer Towers.
Sunday, July 15
• Father’s Office: Enjoy an exclusive—and alternate—version of Sang Yoon’s iconic Office Burger, inspired by the flavors of Central Europe and paired with specially selected beers from Father’s Office’s impressive inventory of brews. Guests will depart with a booze-laced ice cream sandwich. *Chase Sapphire card members will enjoy a specialty tasting of chef Yoon’s custom “Off the Menu” burger with secret ingredients he only makes for family and friends.
• Sotto: Chefs Zach and Steve deliver an honest, market-driven menu of regionally inspired Southern Italian dishes and amaro cocktails.
• Picca: This popular Peruvian spot only serves dinner, but it’s opening its doors early exclusively for us. Enjoy a special selection of chef Ricardo Zarate’s favorites.
• Lukshon: Come by Sang Yoon’s hot spot and take a seat on the patio for a tasting of rice, including an assortment of fried rice dishes and even rice cocktails.