Nested in the heart of the East Village is a powerful space which calms the mind and allows food discerning New Yorkers to enjoy fresh and flavorful ingredients in full throttle.
Enter Gnocco and enter a Mediterranean oasis of palate enchanting Italian cuisine you thought you could only get half way around the world. Walk by the wood burning ovens and find a garden table for course after course of home made fare.
Haute Tasting Highlights
- Gnocco – The restaurant dish’s namesake certainly lives to it’s expectations. Mouth melting fried puffs of fresh dough with fresh slices of typical northern Italian cold cuts like prosciutto and salami. It’s a match made in heaven.
- Tagllatelle al Ragu con Piselli – Home made Tagllatelle pasta with beef veal ragu and green peas. There is just something about this pasta. The rich sauce and the refreshing contrast of al dente peas. It’s the kind of dish you just want to keep eating.
- Cantucci di Prato e Vin Santo – makes you want to cry! The slight burning of vin santo paired with the crisp almond cookie covered with the ever so delicate dusting of powered sugar, just say yes and dip, dip, dip away.
Chapman’s Chopping Block
- As in most moist and warm temperature locations, not only does food flourish so do mosquitos. Take heed for garden dining or else your ankles may be a painful reminder for weeks to come.
Haute Luxury Value
- The portions sizes are hefty and perfect for sharing.
Haute Insider Tip
- Order a glass of Lambrusco. It’s a house specialty and you will be glad you did.
Gnocco is located at 337 East 10th Street, New York, NY 212.677-1913